Quick and tasty dinners are key during the week. Especially if I have a gym class, or other social plans straight from work and haven’t prepared anything in advance. I like to be able to get in, pop something on for dinner and shower (after gym) or sort my stuff out whilst it’s cooking. Then I can sit down, relax and enjoy without having to think about doing anything after – except the washing up obviously, but Alex and I take this in turns.
As this week, it’s time to get back to reality after the fab Christmas break, I thought it’d be the perfect time to share with you a healthy, quick and easy recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked
- 50g button mushrooms
- 200g pancetta bacon
- 50g feta
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- A little oil
- Half a bag of fresh spinach or salad leaves and your preferred salad ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200degrees c.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and fry off the mushroom and bacon until cooked.
- Slice the sweet potato into circles approximately 1cm thick.
- In a large rectangular crockery dish, place a layer of sweet potato in the bottom, top with half the mushrooms and bacon mixture, sprinkle with feta. Repeat step 4 until you’ve used all the ingredients.
- In a separate glass, beat the eggs, stir in the milk and pour over the sweet potato, mushrooms, bacon and feta.
- Place in the centre of the centre for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg has cooked all the way through (be sure to check the centre of the frittata).
- Serve with a side salad or on a bed of spinach.