Recently, whilst enjoying a week off visiting the family, I decided I’d make the most of the extra time around lunchtimes and whip up a brand new recipe for my mum and I to try.
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 brown bread roll, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Cut the aubergine in half, drizzle in a little oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the tray, drizzle in the remainder of the oil, season with salt and pepper. Put the tray back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms wilt and appear almost cooked.
- Remove from the oven. Scoop the centre of the aubergine out, leaving enough to form a wall – I used a knife to help. Put a small handful of spinach in the bottom of each of your aubergine boats.
- Split the roasted mushrooms and tomatoes between the aubergine boats and top with pieces of feta.
- Put back into the centre of the oven for 5 minutes, until the feta starts to look slightly golden at the edges.
- Serve with the remainder of the fresh spinach and half the bread roll.
It’s that easy! One absolutely delicious vegetarian dish. My mum will back me on this too, as she thoroughly enjoyed it!