KFC is a guilty pleasure of mine. Just the smell gets my stomach growling. But what’s inside that brown paper bag, well.
The crispy, seasoned skin, which comes away so easily, and makes you savour every mouthful. A little salty, but it just makes you want more. The tender, juicy meat inside, slightly seasoned from the outer coating, but even more delicious dipped into the thick herby gravy. To me, every now and again, it’s heavenly.
- 250g chicken breast strips
3 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 75g cornflakes
- Put the chicken breast strips in a medium sized food bag. Add the paprika and garlic, close the bag and shake to combine well. Leave in the fridge for 2 hours for the flavours to develop and seep into the chicken.
- Once the chicken is marinated, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray or dish with foil.
- Put the cornflakes in another food bag, seal the bag and crush the cornflakes well. Pour the contents into a bowl and set to the side.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. A piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg first, then roll in the cornflakes before placing in the lined dish.
- Repeat until all of the chicken strips have been coated.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes, until cooked through. Be sure to cut one open to test the middle is white.