Fish Fish is a cute, relaxed seafood restaurant. It’s on Archway Road between Archway and Highgate – It’s on the end of our old street, although it took us until we moved to finally try it!
Inside, it’s got a true rustic nautical feel with exposed walls, wooden furniture, fishing nets, ship memorabilia, bottles and books. It’s seriously cute and pretty homey, and has an open kitchen so you can see the chef at work too. It’s a little bigger than expected from the outside, and there are larger tables for bigger groups or families. But there also a couple of tables for two. We settled into one by the far end of the kitchen area to be a little out of the way.
The female who served us was so friendly and helpful. It actually felt like we were part of the family; she went through the drinks menu (as the menus weren’t out), checked back after we’d ordered to see if we wanted sauces (of course we wanted curry sauce!), and made sure to warn us things were about to get just a touch noisy before she started with the coffee machine behind us. It was such a lovely, homey, atmosphere.
These fish and chips were amazing.
Summary – Fish Fish:
- Price: Pretty good value – We paid just over £40 for our two mains, curry sauce, two large beers and service.
- Food: The fish and chips both impressed, as did the curry sauce. The dish wasn’t greasy, it was all cooked beautifully and of really good quality!
- Drinks: There are just a handful of drinks including wine, beer and soft drinks. The Efes beer was refreshing and delicious alongside our dishes.
- Atmosphere: Fish Fish has got a real family feel. It’s cute and homey, and you’re really looked after.
- Wait: It was very quiet when we visited, and often appeared that way when we passed. Should be pretty easy to just swing by if you’re in the area!
Do you know any great fish and chip places in London which could rival this one? If so, I would love to know!