After a long week, what better way to see the weekend in than a drink with a friend/housemates/other half.
I do enjoy a glass of wine, but cocktails are by far my favourite. I really enjoy getting creative in the kitchen, adding a bit of rum here and a bit of grenadine there…and LOVE a recommendation.
This recipe is a must try. Not only is it a fab cocktail to celebrate the weekend but it’s from Aldi, so you won’t need to spend a fortune to recreate at home. With a win win situation right there, what are you waiting for? The weekend is almost upon us!
The juicy pomegranate and hint of lemon make this cocktail the ultimate refreshing tipple.
- 25 ml Tamova Vodka (£9.99)
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh pomegranate seeds
- Freeman’s Bay Marlborough Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc (£8.99), as desired
Decoration / to serve:
- Add a few pomegranate seeds and a piece of lemon zest for garnish
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, sugar and pomegranate seeds to a cocktail shaker
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved and then shake hard over ice
- Pour into an ice filled tall glass
- Top with the sparkling sauvignon blanc
Let me know what you think.