OMG guys, so this brunch is AMAZING!
I know I’m blowing my own trumpet a little, but seriously, if you like cheese on toast, this is like the next level!
So I was craving an indulgent brekkie. You know when you’ve had a long hard week at work and all you want is a treat after your spin sesh on a Saturday morning? Normally I go for a healthy start to the day, especially after my spin sesh, but this time I just couldn’t help myself.
Taking inspiration from a brunch I’d had out recently, I decided to make Alex and I chilli cheese on toast topped with fried eggs.
I knew I wanted the toast to be kinda doughy, not too toast-like, so I picked up some muffins and made them into eggy bread to top with the chilli and cheese – this was an awesome decision.
Finished with runny fried eggs, this combination was super tasty, Rich and flavoursome, with a chilli kick, each mouthful was heavenly!
Here’s how to make them:
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 English muffins
- 5 eggs
- splash of milk
- Black pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. Neema Food Scotch Bonnet Chilli Sauce
- 150g mexican cheese, sliced
- Slice the English muffins in half. Put to the side.
- In a bowl, beat one egg and add the milk and black pepper. Combine well.
- Place the muffins in the egg mixture and soak for a couple of minutes.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. oil in a frying pan. Fry the the muffin halves on each side over a medium heat until starting to turn golden in colour.
- Remove the muffins from the pan. Spread each with a little scotch bonnet chilli sauce (You don’t need much as the mexican cheese is spicy too!), and top with slices of mexican cheese.
- Heat the grill to a medium heat. Grill the muffins until the cheese has started to melt.
- Whilst the muffins are under the grill, heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and fry the four eggs over a low heat (this way you can ensure the eggs are ready in time with the chilli cheese toast).
- Serve the chilli cheese muffins topped with fried eggs, and a sprinkling of black pepper to season.
And there you have it! A pretty simple, yet seriously tasty and indulgent brunch – well everyone needs a treat after a week at work 😉
I hope you enjoy! How do you treat yourself after a tough week at work?