I refuse to believe summer is over yet!
Yes I know it’s a bit colder and a little wetter sometimes, and yes it is being pretty unpredictable BUT we do live in England! We have to remember this, and make the most of the weather being a reasonable temperature to do all the summery things we haven’t done yet. Come on, let’s all think positive! And who knows what September might bring – I’ve got my fingers crossed for a spontaneous heat wave!
There’s still a few weeks left yet (at least!) and lots I want to do. So I thought I’d share with you the extras on my to do list before summer really is out.
– Carnival – this is obviously a must! I mean come on, I live in London and I’m being offered two free days of partying, dancing to some great tunes and having a fab time with friends. Who could say no? Last year was so much fun with two of my girl mates and this year there’s hopefully more going to throw shapes all day long 🙂
– Visit Char (my best friend from uni) for a reunion before she’s super busy with PGCE stuff – this is happening next week. Very excited!
– Barclays Bikes around Hyde Park. I will settle for another bike ride, not too fussy!
– Camden Market. Love it! I haven’t been all summer and it’s meant to be fab in the summer evenings. Need to fit this into my diary before it gets cold! Although it is great all year round.
– Outdoor Cinema – This has been on my wish list for some time! The idea of a pop up screen in one of the London Parks, watching a classic whilst enjoying the great outdoors with lots of others who enjoy the same film – AMAZING! They have bars and pop up food stands too! I was recommended popupscreens.co.uk who have been showing classics all summer and have some fab films still lined up in different parks over london – I found it so hard to decide! I thought I’d share the films with you, perhaps I can tempt you too!
In Morden Hall Park in Morden they’re showing Rocky Horror Picture Show (22nd Aug), Romeo & Juliet (23rd Aug), Mamma Mia (24th Aug) and the Hangover (25th Aug) – Awesome pick for bank holiday monday after many will be partying Sunday.
In Bishop’s Park in Fulham they’re showing Blade (29th Aug), The Notebook (30th Aug) and Back to the Future (31st Aug).
In Manor House Gardens Lewisham they’re showing Fight Club (5th Sep), Moulin Rouge (6th Sep) and Top Gun (7th Sep). In Ravenscourt Park, Hammersmith they’re showing Heathers (12th Sep), Pulp Fiction (13th Sep) and Devil Wears Prada – to coninside with London Fashion Week! how cool? (24th Sep). Finally to end the summer in East Greenwich Pleasaunce they’re showing the Gonnies (26th Sep) and Forrest Gump (27th Sep).
Now can you see how I found it so hard to decide? I’ve chosen The Notebook to start, and who knows I might go to another! I’d get to see another part of London too 🙂
– Ping pong & Football in Highbury park – At the beginning of Summer Alex and I decided we would spend one day in the park having games of ping pong and playing football (mainly so I can learn 😛 I used to hate sport at school). This has not happened yet, but I am hoping it still will!
– Outdoor Bootcamp! I would love to try an outdoor Bootcamp class, being pushed to my limits out in the fresh air! It’d also be a nice change to the gym, and I’d leave feeling accomplished and amazing!
– Visit the wonderground and summer goings on at Southbank – Ally’s been and says its awesome! I must fit a day in my diary to go. I don’t want to miss out!
So there you have it. My key list of things to do still. I best get going or I’ll never fit all these in 😛
I hope you all have fab bank holiday weekends!
Love Chloe xx